Blackboard Learning Site Accessed: http://jesuitnet.blackboard.com
The History and Intellectual Traditions of Jesuit Education
Throughout the program, participants will engage in a series of interactive on-line workshops with content developed by the ICP curriculum planning team and delivered through JesuitNET's Blackboard server.
The six workshops will address topics such as;
• Ignatius and the first companions;
• Movement of the Society into education; Ignatian humanism
• Contemporary developments and themes of the Society and Jesuit education (e.g. justice, assistancy planning, interreligious dialogue)
• Relationship of the Catholic Church with the Society; Jesuit, Catholic higher education
• Catholic Social Teaching and option for the poor; theology of grace; and foundational Ignatian Christology.
• Ignatian Pedagogy and the care and education of the whole person