Certification of Enrollment/GPA/Class Rank/Degree
The Registrar's Office is the official source for all student academic records. UPON WRITTEN REQUEST, the Office will provide Enrollment Certifications or Verifications of GPA, Class Rank, or Degree for past and present students. It is the policy of the Registrar's Office to verify enrollment for a future semester, only after the student has officially registered for that term. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requires a signed release from the student before providing non-directory information. Some examples of non-directory information are GPAs, specific number of credit hours enrolled, class rank, and social security number verifications.
The Registrar's Office provides Certifications for students and alumni at no cost. Normal turnaround time for processing Certification requests is 2 business days. However, during peak request periods, it may take longer. Please allow for additional processing time.
Students who wish to apply for an Enrollment Certification or Verification of GPA, Class Rank, or Degree may complete a request form in person in the Student Service Center(room AD 37, next to Einstein Bros). They may also print out a Request Form with their browser. If the browser cannot print the form, students may request a Certification by signed letter. The request must be mailed or faxed to the Registrar's Office. The Office fax number is (216) 397-3049. Requests should include the following information.
- Complete name
- Banner ID or Social Security Number (SSN). Students should indicate if they wish to have their SSN included on the correspondence.
- Type of student (Undergraduate Student, Graduate Student, or Graduate Assistant)
- Anticipated graduation date
- Specific instructions regarding the type of information to be released (for example, Full-time Status, Half-time Status, Class Rank, GPA, or Good-Student Discount Insurance eligibility)
- Location to which the Certification should be mailed or faxed (address for mailing or the fax number if the certification is to be faxed). Students may also request that the Certification be available for them to pick up in the Registrar's Office.
- The policy holder's name and contract number if this Certification is to be sent to an insurance company and the Certification is necessary to continue coverage on someone else's policy
- A daytime telephone number and/or e-mail address in case we need to contact you
- Student's signature authorizing release of the information