Skip to main content

The Facilities Department  is available to help you with work orders, and any general questions you may have regarding facilities.  Please email

For questions about requesting, picking up, or returning keys please email or call 216-397-4341.

Key Requests

Key Authorization Form

Key/Fob Access Control Procedure

If you are in need of office or building keys, complete and return the Key Authorization Form via either campus mail to Keyshop located in Rm. 22 of the Recplex or by dropping the form off in the slot in the Keyshop door . Be sure to review the Key/Fob Access Control Procedure.

If you need office furniture keys, you may complete a work order on Schooldude (please see below). Please provide the core number (the number on the lock itself near where the key goes, and how many keys you would like.

Card access is handled by ITS. Please use their site to enter a work order on their system.

*NOTE: Type into the form, select print and change printer to “Save as PDF” to save your information. OR download the form and then open it with Adobe Acrobat in order to fill out and save the form.

Work Orders

Schooldude is a web-based work order entry system. John Carroll University has been using the Schooldude system since the fall of 2005. The system allows Requesters to directly enter a work order into the Facilities Department 24/7 from the convenience of his/her own computer. It also provides reply information with every change in the status of a work order. Furthermore, the system allows for date stamped information for every data entry into the system, so a history of “who and when” regarding work orders is documented.

The current password to SUBMIT a W.O. is: JCU21

Each Requester has his/her own individual and private password to access Schooldude, which is not the same as the SUBMIT password.

To enter a Work Order, please click this link: Enter a Work Order. This enables you as the requester as well as the Facilities staff to track the problem efficiently and completely.

Facilities Office

The Facilities Office is located in Room 07 on the lower level of the Lombardo Student Center. If you have an EMERGENCY please contact JCU PD at 216-397-1234.


Other Related Department Common Requests

Vending Machine Refunds

Please contact the  Mail Center for any vending machine refunds. They are located in the Administration Building Room 14. Their contact information is below.

JCU Mail Center phone 216-397-4680


Reservation of spaces on Campus

If you are a JCU employee or student interested in reserving  a space on campus, please request an account and use the Spacefinder program below. It may take a few days for your account to become active. You are also able to view availability of spaces.

Spacefinder: Reserve a space

If you have any questions about your Spacefinder account or need to reserve a space 24 hours or less ahead of time, you will need to contact the Auxiliary Services Department. If you are external to JCU and wish to reserve a space, you will also need to contact Auxiliary Services. The best way to contact them is via a detailed email letting them know what you are looking for and what dates you need and any other special requests you may have. Your contacts will be Mike Roeder  and Rory Hill


The housekeeping contractor is ABM Services and their office phone # is 216-397-4326.