Discover the other additional benefits that John Carroll has to offer — discounts, cultural events, services, and facilities.
Use of University Facilities:
- Recreation Center – During stated hours, the gym, including the pool, handball courts and exercise rooms are open to employee use. All must provide JCU photo ID and abide by the rules of use.
Location: D.J. Lombardo Student Center, First Floor
Hours of Operation: http://www.jcu.edu/campuslife/recreation/info/hours.htm
On-campus recreation facility for employees and students.
- Library- Books may be borrowed in accordance with restrictions and fines in force.
Location: Grasselli Library and Breen Learning Center
Grasselli Library Website
Library facilities are open to all employees.
Your Carroll Card serves as a library card for checking out books and other materials.
- Mail Room and Copy Center
Location: Administration Building, Garden Level A
Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Meeting Rooms – Generally, when classes are not in session, personal use of the University facilities can be used for meetings and/or catered events on the campus. Use is subject to availability and catering requirements.
- Food Service – Employees, visitors and guests may eat at any of the food venues on campus.
- Inn Between
- Shott Dining Hall
- 8 – 10 stations
- $8.55 lunch Mon – Thurs and $6.00 lunch on Fridays
- Daily menus online
- Catering – Generally, when classes are not in session, personal use of catering can be used. Use is subject to availability and catering requirements. Information is available on-line.
- Computer Purchase Program – John Carroll University will help full-time employees to purchase computer equipment through a 12-month payroll deduction plan. Employees, through proper approval channels, purchases the computer equipment directly and submits the invoice for payment. The employee will be reimbursed for the purchase and Payroll will begin payroll deductions. More information can be found on-line at http://sites.jcu.edu/its/pages/services/helpful-info/purchasing-software-for-facultystaffstudents/
- Computer Software and Hardware – You may purchase Microsoft Office products for as little as $10. Please refer to http://jcu.onthehub.com. If you would like to purchase hardware, Dell, Apple and Lenova offer employees a discount. Information is available on-line.
- RTA Commuter Advantage – This benefit allows employees to elect to have dollars deducted from their paycheck, on a pre-tax basis to pay for a monthly RTA transit pass. Monthly passes are $95. The Commuter Advantage Program form will need to be completed and submitted to Human Resources.
- Follett Bookstore – Full-time employees are eligible for a 10% discount on bookstore purchases except for rings and certain specially priced merchandise.
Location: D.J. Lombardo Student Center, First Floor, Atrium Level
Hours: Mon & Tue – 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Wed & Thurs – 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Fri 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Open on Saturdays for Home Games.
Employee Discount: 10% on everything excluding Sale Merchandise and Computer Hardware and Software.
- Verizon Wireless – Employees can enjoy 18% off monthly access fees – go to verizonwireless.com/discount and enter in their work email address.
- Howard Hanna Gold Advantage Program – Employees can take advantage of enhanced real estate services including discounts on real estate commission, mortgage and closing services and access to retail services.
- Liberty Mutual Group Savings Plus Program – Employees can save $300 or more a year on auto insurance. You can save even more by insuring your home as well. A representative is on campus monthly to answer any questions you may have.
- The Ohio Educational Credit Union – The Ohio ECU offers financial services for all stages of your life. Employees can take advantage of the Gold Package Benefits. A representative is on campus monthly to answer any questions you may have.
Additional financial institutions give employees benefits as well. Please call each institute directly for the most current offers available.
- Huntington Bank
- PNC Work Perks
- Free parking
- Free newspapers during the academic year (USA Today, Wall Street Journal and The Plain Dealer)
- Fratantonio’s Barbershop – $5 off all men’s and women’s haircuts with JCU ID. Appointments available on request.
- Employees can cash a personal check at the Cashier’s Office up to $50
- Receive JCU text/email alerts automatically