Skip to main content

A FAFSA application is required each year in order to obtain a more current snapshot of your financial situation. The new FAFSA form is available to file each year on October 1. The Department of Education sends the information including an EFC, to each school listed on the FAFSA (JCU School Code 003050). From this information, John Carroll University creates a financial aid award and determines your loan eligibility.

  1. Create your FSA ID if you do not already have one. You can create your ID at anytime. Your ID will be used as an electronic signature for you and your parents on the FAFSA application every year.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You will complete the FAFSA using two year’s prior federal tax return.
  3. Review your Student Aid Report (SAR). After you submit your FAFSA you will receive a SAR either sent to your email address (if you listed it on your application) or your home address. Please review this document for errors. If you notice any errors, you can make the corrections online or the Office of Financial Aid can make them for you.
  4. Wait for your John Carroll financial aid award to be mailed. Our award will detail the types of aid you are receiving, how much John Carroll will cost and your choices of loans and other borrowing and payment options. Our staff is available for questions in understanding your award.

Accept your award

  1. Go online to BannerWeb ( and enter “Secure Area.”
  2. Login using your Student/Banner ID and Pin number.
  3. Access the "Student Financial Services" tab and select “My Financial Aid Award.”
  4. In order to access your award, you must accept “Terms and Conditions.” Once accepted you will have access to “Award and Messages.”
    • Choose Decline or Accept for each fund. If you wish to accept an amount other than the offered amount, enter the lesser amount in the “Accept Partial Amount” field (you are entering the amount for the entire academic year).

Summer Aid

Summer financial aid may be available. Students enrolling for summer should complete the JCU Summer Aid Application along with the 2016-2017 FAFSA and the 2017-18 FAFSA. The Office of Financial Aid will begin making summer awards in April. The summer aid application along with more detailed summer aid information can be found here.

Intersted in

Learning more?

Learn more about how we educate leaders for a greater good.