Skip to main content

Your Carroll OneCard is your official campus identification card and can be used to access recreation facilities and library services, to use your Bonus Bucks or Dining Dollars at any of the eatery’s on campus or your meal plan in the Schott Dining Hall.

The Carroll Card Office is located in the Adminstration Building Room 06 (Garden Level) behind Saxbys.

Lisa Brown
Supervisor of Purchasing & Carroll Card

The Carroll OneCard is the official identification card for students at John Carroll University.  It offers a convenient, easy and safe way to utilize campus services and make purchases.  You can use your Carroll OneCard to access meal plans, dining dollars, bonus bucks, athletic facilities and recreation equipment, campus events, and library services.

Dining Dollars or Bonus Bucks may be used at all Parkhurst locations on campus.

If your card is lost or stolen, contact The Carroll Card Office at 216.397.4961 during office hours. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

1. Use and Ownership

The Carroll OneCard personal identification card is issued to you as a member of the John Carroll University community subject to the following terms and conditions.

The Carroll OneCard is the property of John Carroll University. Protect this card with the same care you would use to safeguard cash.

The Carroll OneCard allows the cardholder to access facilities and services at John Carroll University. A cardholder can access materials and services at the University library, check cashing at the cashier’s office, access a student meal plan at any of the five dining facilities on campus, and access facilities in the University recreation complex and computer labs.

Although the card is property of John Carroll University , it is entrusted to you for your convenience while enrolled at or employed by the University. Only the person to whom the identification card is issued is privileged to use the card. No account should be accessed by anyone other than the cardholder. Unauthorized use, alteration or duplication warrants confiscation and/or disciplinary and legal action.

Students withdrawing from the University will turn in their Carroll OneCards at the time of withdrawal.

Employees retiring or leaving the University will return their cards to the department of human resources at the time of their exit interview. Retirees may have a retiree card issued by the Carroll Card office.

2. Your first Carroll OneCard

Students and employees must present an official picture identification card (usually a driver’s license or state identification card) to Carroll Card office personnel to obtain the Carroll OneCard. Students must also present proof of current registration. Employment will be independently verified prior to issuing the card.

3. Lost, Stolen, or Expired Cards

The cardholder is responsible for maintaining a valid ID card in proper working condition. A replacement fee of $50 (cash or check) will be charged for lost, stolen, misplaced, or abused cards. Defective or heavy wear ID cards will be replaced at no charge when turning in your old ID card.

If your Carroll OneCard is lost or stolen, you must notify the Carroll Card office to facilitate the card’s cancellation. Such notification must be made by telephone or in person to the following:

Carroll Card Office: 216.397.4961, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m.

Until you cancel your Carroll OneCard, you will be responsible for all use of your Carroll OneCard.balences. Upon issuance of a replacement Carroll OneCard, your remaining balances will be transferred to your new Carroll OneCard. If your Carroll OneCard is replaced due to theft or loss, it is deactivated and cannot be reactivated should you find it at a later date.

4. Meal Plans, Dining Dollars and Bonus Bucks

When you contract for a meal plan on your housing contract, the appropriate plan will be credited to your Carroll OneCard. Commuters and other non-residents purchasing meal plans should make arrangements through the residence life office (216.397.4408, the first week of the semester.

Bonus Bucks are purchased through food service. The food service office is located in the cafeteria, adjacent to the Underground 

Bonus Bucks and meal plan value are not transferable and cannot be used at vending machines or other points of sale. They are only valid at the food service dining facilities on campus

Students withdrawing from the University will have their meal plans prorated, as appropriate, by the Office of residence life. Refunds on meal plans will be mailed to the student account billing name and address.

5. Usage

John Carroll University and the Carroll Card office are not responsible for the refusal to accept or honor your Carroll OneCard account, but not limited to, the following circumstances:

  • There are insufficient funds in your account at the time the purchase is requested.
  • The equipment being used by dining services or office initiating the transaction is not functioning correctly at the time the transaction is attempted.
  • Your account has been temporarily or permanently suspended due to violation(s) of this agreement.
  • Your Carroll OneCard has been reported as lost.

6. Error Resolution Procedure

If you think an unauthorized charge has been transacted on your account, you must notify Parkhurst as soon as the transaction in question is discovered. 

7. Changes to Terms

Future changes in terms and conditions regulating use of the Carroll OneCard will apply to all cards in circulation and use at that time and will supersede the terms and conditions in effect at the time the card was acquired. The University reserves the right to change any of the policies without notice.

8. Privacy Policy

Your account and personal information will be kept confidential. Outside parties will not be privileged to information about you, your account, or the purchases you make without your express consent unless such disclosure is in compliance with court order or government legislation.

9. Acceptance of Agreement

By initiating deposits and transactions on your Carroll OneCard account, you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the agreement as set forth in this document.

To request access to a building or room on campus through the Carroll OneCard, complete the following steps:

1.  Download and complete the ACCESS REQUEST FORM

2.  Print and sign the form

3.  Submit to your department chair or head for approval signature

4.  Submit form through campus mail to the ITS – Access Control Office on the 4th floor of Rodman Hall

Please allow 48 hours after submitting the form for access to be added to your Carroll OneCard.

The Carroll OneCard can be damaged if proper care is not taken. Avoid bending or defacing the card. Take special care of the magnetic strip that is printed on the card. Avoid scratching the magnetic strip. Keep the card away from magnetic fields that may demagnetize it – televisions, stereos, microwaves, and any other electromagnetic equipment. If the Carroll OneCard gets dirty, wipe it with a damp cloth and dry with a non-abrasive cloth. Please do not punch holes in the card or attach the card to a key ring.

Photo Upload Form

Upload a headshot of yourself for your Carroll Card. Please face forward with no sunglasses or hats and use a neutral background. Do Not crop the photo.

You will receive your ID card once school starts in the Fall/Spring. If you are living on campus, you will receive it when you check into your dorm on your check-in day, even if you are scheduled to arrive earlier than other students.

File must be less than 5 MB. Acceptable file extensions: .jpg, .bmp
One file only.
100 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, png, bmp, jpeg.

Contact Us

Administration Building, Room AD06

Hours of Operation
Monday -Friday
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.