John Carroll University's Beta Theta Pi fraternity chapter has not only established itself as a prominent institution within the campus community but has also earned recognition on a national scale. At this year's Beta Theta Pi 184th General Convention in Dallas, Texas, the JCU chapter received several prestigious national awards, including:
1. Virginia Tech Award for Excellence in Academic Achievement - award for highest GPA among fraternities on campus.
2. Outstanding Campus Involvement - award for a chapter of Beta Theta Pi with the most participation on their campus.
3. Outstanding Alumni Relations Program - award for a chapter of Beta Theta Pi having a robust and successful program to keep alumni involved in the fraternity.
4. The Francis H. Sisson Award - an award given to chapters displaying success in areas such as operations, academics, and recruitment. This is JCU's 6th Sisson award.
5. The John Reily Knox Award - the highest honor bestowed to a chapter in Beta Theta Pi and celebrates chapters' success in multiple areas such as operations, recruitment, education, and even singing. This is JCU's 3rd Knox Award.