Complete the Reply to Offer of Admission Form and submit a deposit of $300 to confirm your child's place in the Class of 2028 or the spring 2024 transfer class.
You can do this in one of the following ways:
- Online with payment by credit card. Your child will need to log in to their myJCU Gateway portal to electronically accept their offer of admission. Then, you will be able to pay the $300 deposit online.
- By mail with payment by check. Download a pdf of the Reply to Offer of Admission Form. Deposits sent by mail must be postmarked on or before May 1, 2024, for first-year students and on or before January 6, 2024 for transfer students.*
The enrollment deposit is $300* for all incoming students. For on-campus residents, $100 of this deposit serves as an advance payment on the first semester bill. The other $200 will be placed as a housing security deposit. For commuter students, the entire $300 deposit serves as an advance payment on your first semester bill.
*An enrollment deposit represents your child's intent to enroll at John Carroll for the fall semester. We expect that a student who has a deposit on account at John Carroll will attend. When students cancel their deposits, this may prevent other eligible students from choosing JCU and will impact our planning for the new semester courses and housing. As a result, the $300 deposit is not refundable after May 1 for first-year students. No exceptions are made to this rule. Although we are not able to grant extensions to these deadlines, we will accept enrollment deposits from admitted students after these dates on a space available basis.
The following represents a timeline of some important dates and steps to take in the enrollment process:
- December 2023 – File the FAFSA
- February 1 – Mission-Based Programs application due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern for first-year students. Programs: Arrupe Scholars, Leadership Scholars, Honors Program, and Social Innovation Fellows. The application will be available in your child's myJCU Gateway.
- Mid-February – Financial aid award notification begins
- March 1 – The housing application opens, and the Student Health Form application opens
- March 1 – Orientation registration opens
- March 23 – Admitted Student Celebration - an event celebrating your student's acceptance to JCU.
- May 1 – Reply to Offer of Admission Forms due (postmarked)
- Summer 2024 – Attend a New Student Orientation or Transfer Registration Day
- August 19 – Fall classes begin
Student Enrollment and Financial Services
College Credit Policies
Making the Transition
Living On Campus
- Five-Year Academic Calendar (through 2026)
- Undergraduate Bulletin
- Academic Advising
- Student Accessibility Services
- Center for Career Services
- Center for Global Education
- Information Technology Services
- JCU Bookstore
- Student Engagement
- Student Diversity & Inclusion
- Athletics & Recreation
- Campus Ministry
- Center for Service & Social Action
- Dean of Students
Health & Safety