The Center nurtures a sense of belonging for students from diverse backgrounds and encourages them to participate actively in their curricular and co-curricular learning, including campus and community organizations, leadership opportunities, and intercultural experiences. In collaboration with other University departments, the Center coordinates programs and services that foster an inclusive campus environment, promote a welcoming and just University community, and encourage and value the contributions and perspectives of all students.
- To provide campus-wide programs that further all students’ development of cultural competence and respect for diversity and social justice.
- To develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services that support historically underrepresented students in their personal development and transition throughout their John Carroll University experiences.
- To provide leadership opportunities for underrepresented students that focus on engagement in campus and community organizations.
- To identify, examine, and recommend organizational changes that remove barriers to inclusion and promote student success.
To read more about the CSDI staff, click here!
Ayse Selen Zarrelli, MBA, Director
Set up a time with Selen at https://calendly.com/azarrelli
Angela Aviquivil '19, Assistant Director
Set up a time with Angela at https://calendly.com/aaviquivil
Daniella Flores '20, Program Coordinator
Mary Frances Allen (She/her/hers)
Taylor Anthony (She/her/hers)
Maram Omer (She/her/hers)
Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion (CSDI) received a grant in September 2020 from Cleveland Fenn Foundation to improve students' professional readiness to seek internships, employment, and graduate education.
Wayfinders Program CSDI's page can be accessed here: https://jcu.edu/wayfinders-program.
To view the available micro-internships, create an account on Parker Dewey, here: https://info.parkerdewey.com/jcucsdi.
For more information and questions, contact the Program Coordinator, Daniella Flores, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSDI provides campus-wide educational events and opportunities that further all students’ development of cultural competence and respect for diversity and social justice. Specifically we develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services that support historically underrepresented students in their personal development and transition throughout their John Carroll University experiences.
To learn more about the programs that CSDI has to offer, please click here!
CSDI advises 12 cultural student organizations including:
- Black Students in Action
- Asian Pop Culture Club (APCC)
- Le Cercle Francais
- LGBTQIA+ Allies
- Latin America Student Association (LASA)
- Middle Eastern Student Association (MESA)
- Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students (MAPS)
- Muslim Student Society (MSS)
- Italian Club
- Club for the Inclusiveness of Students with Disabilities
- South Asian Student Association
To learn more about each organization, please click here!
Take a break with CSDI!
Starting the Fall Semester 2021, every Wednesday at 12:00p.m. come to the CSDI office located above the university bookstore to engage with your peers and staff, and get a chance to play some of the board games that are available!
CSDI identifies and recommends opportunities that remove barriers to inclusion and promote student success.
A few of the services and resources provided by CSDI include:
- Paying for College
- Food Assistance
- Mindfulness Exercises for Wellness
- Learning Commons
- Writing Center
- Legal Resources
To learn more about each of these services, please click here!