CFCs are facilitated entirely by peer leaders. Students of all faith backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to join our vibrant community! We are one of the largest student organizations on campus with approximately 200 students involved every year.
We form an intentional, student-led community that inspires and connects individuals through meaningful conversations, reflections, and actions rooted in the Jesuit values of spirituality, community, and service as we grow in faith together as one John Carroll community.
We hope to create a wonderful, faith-filled weekly experience for our members. It is our overall goal that each participant will feel more committed to his/her faith after having completed a year in a CFC. In order to do this, we aspire to guide our members toward achieving the following five goals:
- Learns to cultivate a habit of reflection
- Understands the importance of a faith community to help develop his/her spirituality through reflection and conversation
- Is familiar with Ignatian spirituality and the Jesuit mission of the University
- Has a basic understanding of how faith and culture interact
CFCA (Carroll Faith Communities for Athletes) is a unique opportunity for student-athletes at John Carroll University to grow in a faith community that strives to build upon personal reflection. This platform is for student-athletes to deepen their faith through prayer, Bible Study, and individual and group dialogue. CFCA will integrate faith, athletics, and the realities of a student-athletes’ everyday life. Student-athletes of all faith backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to join our community! If interested, please contact Anne: email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact anyone on our Leadership Team:
- Mary Kate Boyle, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Erin Kipp, Community Chair (email@example.com)
- Kristin Marsinek, Event Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marie Pinzone, Spiritual Chair (email@example.com)