Serious about making a change in the world?
This is accomplished by approaching the concept of leadership in a variety of settings – in the classroom, on the practice field, in a student organization, and in the communities beyond our campus borders. Leadership Scholars will participate in engaging seminars and classes, interact with leaders off campus, and also develop relationships with their peers in the program - preparation to be effective when opportunities arise to have an impact and create change
Up to 35 students are selected for the program each year from hundreds of applicants through a highly competitive process.
What do Leadership Scholars experience when they are in the program?
Students in the Leadership Scholars Program develop their leadership skills as they pursue meaningful change in the world. This is done by completing the Leadership Development academic minor, engaging in small group activities with other Leadership Scholars, and connecting with leaders in their chosen professional fields, among many other opportunities.
Students in the Leadership Scholars Program receive the following exclusive benefits:
- The ability to schedule your classes each semester before your peers, starting in the Spring semester of freshman year.
- The opportunity to be considered for living in the newly renovated Dolan Hall Living/Learning Community.
- A special designation on your diploma and credentials for your resume that look great to future employers, graduate schools, and professional programs.
- The ability to apply for opportunities to travel to a national conference or take a trip to a destination city to meet with prominent leaders who are JCU alumni.
- A book award that covers the books for your Leadership courses.
- Additionally, one deserving student from each year's incoming Leadership Scholars cohort will be awarded a $5,000/year scholarship.
We hope you'll consider joining hundreds of other JCU students in this wonderful program at no additional cost to you! The application is due on August 1, 2023 and can be found at https://admission.jcu.