Skip to main content

3-2 Engineering Dual Degree Program

Students interested in engineering can participate in the 3-2 Dual Degree Engineering Program with Case Western Reserve University (CWRU). Students attend John Carroll University for three years and then transfer to CWRU for two years; they receive both a bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) from John Carroll University and a B.S. in Engineering from CWRU. Available programs include Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, Macromolecular Science & Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. The program is open to any student who completes the prerequisite courses (in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and computer science) and maintains an overall 3.0 GPA and a 3.0 GPA in science and mathematics courses. 

Details of CWRU Program

CWRU maintains a website that details the program once students transfer.

Get an idea of the classes you would take during your three years on JCU's campus. Learn More

2021-2022 catalog sample plan:

3-2 Eng 3-year sample plan 051222.pdf


2022-2023 catalog sample plan:

Physics BA with 3-2 engineering sample 3 year plan.pdf


Brad Doughty (left) discusses his senior project at the Celebration of Scholarship poster session.

Pursue Engineering Graduate Work

Students can also complete a B.S. in engineering physics at John Carroll University and then pursue graduate work in engineering. Students who choose this option may start taking engineering courses while at John Carroll through the Northeast Ohio Commission on Higher Education Cross-Registration Program.