Skip to main content

If you have experienced Sexual Assault, Sexual Violence, Relationship/Domestic Violence or Stalking, please consider taking the following immediate steps:

  • Go to a safe place.
  • Call 911 or JCUPD at (216) 397-1234 or University Heights Police at (216) 932-1800.
  • Preserve Evidence.
  • If possible, do not shower, brush your teeth, eat or drink. Place clothes you were wearing (unwashed) in a paper or cloth bag.
  • Get medical attention at Hillcrest (440) 312-7890, University Hospitals (216) 844-3722 or MetroHealth (216) 778-7800. All listed resources have a 24-hour Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner.

Medical Centers on and off campus can provide treatment for injuries, and a hospital can conduct a no-cost forensic sexual assault examination.

You do not need to make a formal report or press charges to receive medical care.