To apply for your teaching license please access the Ohio Department of Education’s (ODE) website using this link: Applying for a new License |Ohio Department of Education
This link will take you through the process. We will receive an email from the ODE letting us know that you have applied. Once we have concluded that you have met all the requirements for eligibility we will approve your application. You will receive more information about the application process during the student teaching seminar.
How do I apply?
- Teacher License Application Manual: CORE Applicant User Manual June 2022
Which test do I take?
- Testing requirements are dependent on licensure type. Read more about which assessments are required for educator licensure in Ohio: What Assessments Do I Need to Take
Which License do I Apply For?
- New teacher applicants apply for the New In State - 2 Year Resident Educator License
Where can I learn more about Interstate Agreements?
- Check individual department of educations for any state you are considering applying for.
- The organization National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification has useful information. See their website: https://www.nasdtec.net/