Skip to main content

Review Your Student Record

  • Confirm that all programs of study are correctly noted; declare or un-declare majors, concentrations, or minors. Declaration and Request for Removal forms can be found here. These forms should be completed and submitted to the appropriate academic department for processing.
  • Your majors, concentrations and minors MUST be correct in Banner before you apply to graduate.

Complete the Graduation Application

  • The graduation application is available in Banner Web for seniors with 85 or more credits.
  • The graduation application is open from April 1st through September 20th for students wishing to graduate in the following year. Note that there is a $25 late fee for applications received after the deadline.
  • Students should apply for the term in which they will complete degree requirements, not when they will participate in the commencement ceremony.
  • Only complete the application once.
  • To view the status of your application, click on View Graduation Application Status under Registration and Academic Services in BannerWeb.

Review Your Degree Evaluation

  • Run a copy of your degree evaluation in BannerWeb (Degree Evaluation Instructions).
  • Meet with your advisor and/or chair to review your remaining degree requirements.
  • Confirm approved program exceptions (substitutions, waivers, etc.) are notated on your degree evaluation; contact the Registrar’s Office to report discrepancies.
  • Submit any requests for changes to your major, minor, or core course requirements via an Academic Petition.
  • If you are completing a Self-Designed major/minor, please submit a copy of your approved major/minor contract to the Registrar’s Office for processing in Banner.
  • If you are completing an Interdisciplinary major/minor and your degree evaluation is showing requirements as not met, complete a Graduation Major/Minor/Concentration Audit Form, have it signed by the program coordinator/department chair and  submit the form to the Registrar’s Office for processing in Banner.
  • If you have taken (or plan to take) coursework elsewhere, be sure to send final official transcripts directly to the Registrar’s Office for processing. Transcripts that are hand-delivered will not be accepted as official. Note there are deadlines for receiving transcripts after the official graduation date that may impact your ability to graduate. Please contact the Registrar’s Office for more information.

Commencement Information

  • Review information on the commencement ceremony and senior week here:
  • If you have questions about your diploma or the commencement ceremony, please contact the Provost’s Office at (216) 397-4370.