Skip to main content

Community College Transfer Guides

John Carroll welcomes applications from students at community colleges who are looking to transfer to complete their four-year bachelor’s degree. The limit of transfer credit is 60-semester hours.

We have established Articulation Agreements with Cuyahoga County Community College, Lakeland Community College, and Lorain County Community College. For more information, please visit here.

For information about course credits, core requirements, and how credit will transfer from some of our local community colleges, please consult the following Transfer Guides:


Cuyahoga Community College (integrative core)

Boler College of Business Pathways


Lakeland Community College (integrative core)


Lorain County Community College (integrative core)


You can consult a list of how courses have transferred in to JCU in the past by visiting here. Please contact your enrollment manager with questions.


Articulation Agreements

Our Articulation Agreements are at the institutional level. We have provided a few 2+2 pathways to guide you in specific majors. If you have any questions regarding the Agreements, please reach out to your enrollment manager.

We have reverse transfer agreements built into all of our articulation agreements in the “Data Exchange” section. This allows us to submit data to your community college that will assist in the completion of the requirements needed for the Associates degree. The partner institution also agrees to provide a list of graduates to us as a means of communication to these students for recruitment purposes.

At your request, we will share with the partner institution:

  • Date of birth
  • Current enrollment status
  • Most recent major
  • Hours earned
  • GPA
  • Degree completion (if applicable)
  • Major for degree (or expected degree)
  • Number of terms required to complete degree

We currently do not have reciprocal articulation agreements with these institutions, however all applicable coursework will transfer between institutions.

We will accept all non-remedial coursework with a grade of C or higher.